Safety steel grating stair treads with various types are widely used in indoor or outdoor areas. The materials of stair treads include low carbon steel, aluminum steel, and stainless steel. In order to get good corrosion resistance, the carbon steel grating often is galvanized or painted. Safety stair tread has 4 fabrications: welded stair treads, swage-locked stair treads, press-locked stair treads and rivets stair treads. Among them, welded stair treads with simple and firm structure for most wide application; 2 locked stair treads with good rigidity; rivets stair treads with better load capacity. Safety stair treads are applied in many places, such as factories, parks and homes with much popularity.
Welded stair tread.
Stair treads steel grating with swage-locked fabrication.
Press-locked stair tread steel grating.
Riveted stair tread grating details.
A galvanized steel grating.
An aluminum steel grating.
Specification of steel grating stair treads:
- Components: bearing bars, cross bars, fittings.
- Bearing bars type: rectangular bars, I bars.
- Fabrication: welded, swage-locked, press-locked, rivets connections.
- Materials: carbon steel, aluminum steel, stainless steel.
- Surface treatment: galvanized, mill finished, painted, powder coated, etc.
- Surface type: plain (smooth) style, serrated style.
- Fittings: bolts, nuts, washers.
- Bearing bar spacing: 1-3/16", 15/16 (standard); 7/16" to 11/16" (close mesh).
- Cross bar spacing: 2", 4".
- Tread width: 8-9/16", 10-15/16", other sizes are available.
- Tread length: 30", 36", 48", other sizes are available.
- Tread height: 1-1/4".
- Fixing type: welded connection, bolts connection.
- Bolt hole center distance: 4-1/2" and 7".
- Front nosing type: without nosing, checker plate nosing, vertical stripped plate nosing, round hole plate nosing.
Stair treads without nosing.
Vertical strip nosing stair tread.
Round hole nosing stair tread.
Checker plate nosing stair tread.
Advantages of steel grating stair treads:
- Anti-slip surface.
- High strength and load capacity.
- Good ventilation of light, air, water and good drainage.
- Corrosion resistance.
- Various fabrication and easy installation.
- Low maintenance cost.
- Excellent chemical stability for long service life.
Steel grating stair treads application:
- In permanent or temporary applications
- Anti-slip performance for wet, slipping areas.
- Available for indoor or outdoor stairs.
- Chemical stability for corrosive and harsh environments.
- Factories and parks.
Outdoor application of stair treads.
Indoor application of stair treads.